Questions and Answers
Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Bulb Replacement
Q. Hello, I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, recently purchased. How do I gain access to the headlight bulb? I have to change one of them. This is the first time I've looked at them. I even took out the battery.
Does the whole module come out? If you have a link to a useful diagram I'll appreciate it.
A. The whole head lamp assembly has to come out to replace the headlight bulb. Here's how to do it.REMOVAL:
- Remove the jack screw attaching the top of the head lamp to the head lamp mounting module.
- Grasp the upper inboard and lower outboard corners of the head lamp and pull the head lamp outward.
- Remove all of the bulb sockets from the head lamp module.
- Separate the head lamp from the vehicle.
CAUTION: Do not touch the bulb glass with fingers or other oily surfaces. Reduced bulb life will result.
- Install all of the bulb sockets in head lamp module.
- Position the head lamp on the vehicle and align the ball studs with the sockets.
- Push the head lamp inward to secure the ball studs with the sockets.
- Install the jack screw attaching the top of head lamp to the head lamp mounting module.