1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Matthew Wright

Dead Keychain Remote? Changing the Battery is No Sweat

By January 11, 2009

We're a nation that's addicted to convenience. It's probably the reason the U.S. has such a massive obesity epidemic. Still, we like things to be as easy as possible. That's why none of us wants to use a key to unlock our car doors or trunks anymore. Seldom do you see a keychain without some sort of keyless remote on it. They're great, especially in bad weather. As is the case with most modern conveniences, the moment they stop working will be the most inconvenient time. Keyless remotes show signs of dying batteries when their effective range begins to diminish. If you find yourself standing closer and closer to your vehicle for your keyless remote to work or if it's just plain dead, check out this tutorial on changing your keyless remote batteries and we'll make it easy and quick. We can even help you deal with the batteries in your Mercedes or similar luxury remote.
Comments
January 20, 2009 at 12:33 pm
(1) Aaron says:

My Ford Ranger’s remote is opened with a flat screwdriver inserted into the seam next to the keyring hole. A 1/4 turn and the cover pops right off.

January 22, 2009 at 7:14 pm
(2) Arna Kay says:

I changed the battery and it still does not work? now what?

January 27, 2009 at 2:25 pm
(3) Carol says:

I once replaced my remote-battery and it still didn’t work. I then went by the Mazda place and the mechanic had to ‘reset’ something under the dash (inside the car). Don’t know what he actually did, but it worked afterwards. Have been wondering about that over the years…

December 15, 2011 at 6:40 am
(4) Lisa says:

I replaced the battery for my keychain remote and its still not working. Now what?

February 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm
(5) gas rc cars says:

I like the valuable information you provide to your articles.
I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here regularly.

I’m fairly certain I’ll learn many new stuff
proper right here! Best of luck for the following!

May 1, 2014 at 9:13 pm
(6) THOMAS says:

The statement about not having to sign up for anything is bull. When you click on the link it takes you to a relatively blank page which says only “The VIN Decoder is only available for Pronto Members. For information about Pronto membership, please contact us today. “