Innova 3030 and 3110 Scan Tools
The 3110 is the most powerful, easy-to-use and affordable tool for diagnosing "CHECK ENGINE" light warnings on any 1996 and newer car, light truck or SUV - foreign and domestic.
Innova 3030 Scan ToolThis compact hand-held OBD2 tool offers light do-it-yourselfers and consumers a quick, easy and affordable way to find out why the "CHECK ENGINE" light is illuminated on 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, mini-vans and SUVs, foreign and domestic.
Its features include:
- "Plug & Play" Interface - Connects to the vehicle and shows all necessary data in 15 seconds or less - no set up required.
- C.A.N. (Controller Area Network) Coverage - C.A.N. will be mandatory on all vehicles in 2008. It is the fastest way yet for OBD2 vehicles to speak with their computerized systems.
- System Status LEDs - Color-coded LEDs show quick emissions readiness status. This is great to use before getting an annual emissions "smog" check, buying a used car or taking a long road trip.
- All-in-one display - shows 19 vital pieces of information, including diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), pending codes, emissions monitor status and more.
- Booklet and CD - Includes manual with DTC definitions in English, French & Spanish.
- Documentation - Includes free Understanding OBD2 video and support by all ASE Certified Technicians via toll-free phone line or Internet.
- Erases Codes - Lets the user turn off the "Check Engine" light, clear codes and reset monitors.
She plugged it in, turned the key on and within 15 seconds it displayed a code P0100. She popped the CD into her laptop, looked up the code and she told me it indicated "Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction" which was correct since I unplugged the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.
I plugged it back in and told her to clear the code and with the press of a button she had cleared the code and reset the Check Engine light.
With no experience with any kind of automotive diagnostic tool she was able to find, correct (with a little help from her friend) and clear the code all within 30 minutes.
This is a tool I can recommend to anyone who does a little of their own work, or wants an idea of what to expect when they take their vehicle to a shop for repair.
The M.S.R.P. is $120.00 but I have seen it online for less than $77.00.