Questions and Answers
Honda Pilot Outside Rear View Mirror
Q. Hello, I will be removing and installing a new right side door mirror on my 2004 Honda Pilot EX-L. Can you tell me how to do it, possibly with illustrations? I don't know where to begin. I can't even figure out how to get the old one off.
A. You're lucky with this one, you do not have to remove the door panel to get the outside rear view mirror off.
Here's how do replace it:Power Mirror Replacement
- Lower the door glass fully.
- Carefully detach the clips, and release the hooks (A, B), then pry out the mirror mount cover (C) by hand in the sequence shown.
- Disconnect the connector (A).
- While holding the mirror, remove the bolts securing the mirror.
- While holding the mirror, push in on the connector clips (A), then push out to remove the mirror (B). Take care not to scratch the door.
- Install the mirror in the reverse order of removal, and make sure the connector is plugged in properly.