Questions and Answers
Pontiac Grand Prix PCV Valve Location
Q. I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with the large V-6. Where do I locate the PCV valve on this engine?
A. It's under the MAP sensor in the upper plenum. You need to remove the MAP sensor by turning it ¼- turn while pushing down. Remove the sensor and the PCV should be under that. Reach in with needle nose pliers to grab it.
- Remove the injector sight shield from the fuel rail and intake.
- Remove the MAP sensor (1).
- Use a 16 mm socket to press the access cover (2) down and rotate 1/4 turn counterclockwise.
- Remove the access cover.
- Remove the PCV valve (3) and the O-ring (4) from the intake manifold.
- Install the crankcase ventilation valve (3); replace the O-ring (4) if necessary.
- Install the access cover (2).
- Install the MAP sensor (1).
- Install the sight shield.